Spay & Neuter : What’s the big deal?
Having your pet spayed or neutered is a decision every pet owner must
make. Here are some facts that may help you decide:
- Spayed and neutered pets are often better, more affectionate,
- Neutered cats are less likely to spray and mark territory.
- Spaying a female dog or cat eliminates its heat cycle, which can last
21 days, twice a year in dogs, and anywhere from 3 to 15 days 3 or
more times a year in cats. Females in heat often cry incessantly,
show nervous behavior, and attract unwanted male animals.
- Spayed and neutered pets are less likely to bite. Unaltered animals
often exhibit more behavior and temperament problems than those
that have been spayed or neutered.
- Spayed and neutered dogs and cats most often live longer, healthier
- Spaying female dogs and cats eliminates the possibility of uterine or
ovarian cancer and greatly reduces the incidence of breast cancer.
- Neutering male dogs and cats reduces the incidence of prostate
- Neutered animals are less likely to roam and fight.
- Communities spend millions of dollars to control and eliminate
unwanted animals. Irresponsible breeding contributes to the
problem of dog bites and attacks. Animal shelters are overburdened
with surplus animals.
|Call our clinic today for pricing and to
schedule an appointment!
Animal Clinic, PA